In an effort to comply with the law, and our commitment to protect your personal information, we provide the following, which discloses our policies.
What information does NanoTelecom collect?
VoIP.us may collect the following types of information:
- Information it requests. Nano Telecom may request business contact information (name, phone number, email address, and physical address), payment information (billing address, payment account number, and security code and expiration date for credit cards) and phone number information (phone number and extension assignments, phone numbers to be ported to VoIP.us, and account verification information from a previous phone service provider).
- Information a person voluntarily gives. A person may voluntarily give information to VoIP.us. This includes information in a chat, email, phone call, service ticket or other communication with Nano Telecom. Nano Telecom does not control the nature of this information.
- Information from use of its services. Nano Telecom automatically collects some information when customers use its services. For example, Nano Telecom automatically collects source, destination, and duration information for every phone call placed or received using its services. VoIP.us also stores customers’ voice mail messages until the customer deletes them. VoIP.us may record calls between its employees and its customers or prospective customers after giving required notice.
- Information from use of its websites and ads. VoIP.us collects information about the activities of visitors to its websites. This information may include the content viewed, the date and time it was viewed, or the IP address from which it was viewed.
Is this personal information?
Sharing of Personal Information
Personal Information may be provided to a courier or freight forwarder to fulfill an order, which may have been requested from us.
How does VoIP.us use the information it collects?
VoIP.us uses the information it collects in the following ways:
- to communicate with customers and prospective customers about VoIP.us’s services;
- to deliver services to customers;
- to respond to customer requests;
- to collect payment for services;
- to customize its services;
- to improve its services;
- to give notice of changes to its service; and serve more.
When will VoIP.us disclose the information it collects?
VoIP.us will not disclose personal information to third parties for the third parties’ marketing purposes. However, Nano Telecom may disclose personal information to third parties for processing. For example, Nano Telecom discloses customer payment information to third party payment vendors to process customer payments. Nano Telecom may also disclose personal information:
- to comply with a subpoena or other legal obligation to provide information;
- with a subsidiary company, parent company, or a subsidiary of a parent company; and
- if VoIP.us sells or buys any business or assets, in which event Nano Telecom may disclose personal information to the purchaser.
The entities to which VoIP.us discloses personal information may be located in the United States, Canada, or other countries. Information disclosed to these entities will be subject to the privacy laws of the jurisdictions in which the entities are located. These privacy laws may be less protective than the privacy laws of the jurisdiction in which Nano Telecom collected the information.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). They enable the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Children and Data Collection
VoIP.us adheres to the federal privacy protection standards as stated in the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). We care about the safety of children. We will not knowingly allow anyone under 13 to provide us any personally identifying information. Children under 13 years of age are required to obtain the express permission of a parent or guardian before submitting any Personal Information about themselves (such as their names, e-mail address, and phone number) over the Internet. If a child has provided us with personally-identifiable information without the consent of a parent or guardian, the parent or guardian of that child should contact us immediately at support@VoIP.us. We will use reasonable efforts to promptly delete the child’s information from our servers.
We endeavor to protect your Personal Information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our control. These measures include safeguards to protect Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use and modification.
For questions related to this policy, please send a message to [email protected]